Development and Communications Director
Full time, salary between $50,000-$53,000 with benefits
The position reports to and works closely with the Executive Director and manages and is supported by the Development Associate to raise Snow City Arts’ annual budget of $725,000+ and increase awareness about Snow City Arts. The Development and Communication Director will implement the development aspects of a recently-approved strategic plan including creating annual plans and budget goals, coordinating fundraising and cultivation events; planning and producing an integrated annual appeal; developing and implementing specialized giving opportunities; expanding corporate sponsorship; and managing current and developing new foundation support. The position is responsible for developing and implementing the organization’s communications strategies including crafting external communications, developing and maintaining relationships with external marketing partners, overseeing SCA’s social media presence, and facilitating relationships with community partners. The position works closely with Governing and Auxiliary Board Members and is the main staff liaison to the Marketing and Resource Development Board of Director’s Committees.
- Lead efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit, and oversee the accurate acknowledgement of current and prospective individual donors.
- Develop and launch a major giving program.
- Plan and execute an integrated annual appeal campaign.
- Facilitate board involvement in the fundraising process and track progress toward fundraising goals.
- Work with Program Director to develop compelling messaging, anecdotal program information, relevant statistics, and the impact of Snow City Arts’ programs.
- Support and engage the Snow City Arts Auxiliary Board including building an annual event, encouraging participation in an annual run, and developing other avenues for raising funds and awareness.
- Manage strategic relationships for Snow City Arts’ existing and potential institutional funders.
- Lead efforts in research, writing, and submission of foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and reports in partnership with the Executive Director and the Program Director.
- Oversee the maintenance and disseminate a calendar for proposal submissions and reports.
- Coordinate funder site visits, gallery tours, and artist shadows.
- Design and launch an enhanced corporate giving strategy and support Board Members and close supporters in implementing the strategy.
- Work with hospital partners to explore joint funding opportunities.
- Produce a successful annual fundraising event (Gallery Night: 300+ guests and $120,000+) with the support of the Development Associate while engaging a board-driven planning committee, a Host Committee, and a team of volunteers.
- Provide direction and support to board members for their annual donor cultivation and fundraising events.
- Provide direction and support for donor-initiated fundraising events.
- Support the Executive Director and hospital partners on joint fundraising and friend-raising events.
- Design and implement brand-conscious campaigns to increase awareness about the mission of Snow City Arts and to support project-based programming and fundraising events.
- Manage and execute basic graphic design and layout tasks for multiple events and initiatives.
- Manage internal and external outreach and communication with various Snow City Arts audiences, including oversight of SCA’s growing social media presence, e-newsletter, and website maintenance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with arts, cultural, and educational institutions.
- Coordinate and support organizational leadership to enhance the coverage and awareness of Snow City Arts through the press, with policy makers, and among current and prospective donors and partners.
- Provide staff leadership and support to the Board of Director’s Marketing Committee.
- Oversee donor database systems and record-keeping procedures to identify and track current and potential donors and their solicitors, and to oversee the Development and Communications Associate’s efforts to record, report, and acknowledge all gifts.
- Provide regular progress reports covering all aspects of organizational fundraising.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze data from the Program Director, teaching artists, and external arts education industry sources to assist with solicitation.
- Act as a staff liaison to the Board of Director’s Development Committee, Marketing Committee, Gallery Night Planning and Host Committees, and support the Auxiliary Board.
- Support all office administrative activities as necessary
For complete details and how to apply, please view full description here.
Snow City Arts employs a diverse staff of Artists-in-Residence who teach workshops to children at four major medical centers. All of our Artist-in-Residence positions are paid, part-time.
At this time, Snow City Arts cannot accommodate teaching volunteers.
Snow City Arts currently has no Artist-in-Residence positions available.
Volunteers with skills in business, event planning, finance, marketing or other fields which can strengthen our organization’s ability to help children are always welcome to inquire by emailing email@example.com.