Development and Communications Manager
Full time, salary between $35,000-$39,000, benefits
The position reports to, and works closely with, the Executive Director to implement a recently-approved strategic development plan including the coordination of fundraising and cultivation events; planning and production of an integrated annual appeal campaign; development and implementation of individual giving avenues throughout the year; the expansion of corporate sponsorship strategy; and assisting the Executive Director with foundation proposals and reports. The position is responsible for developing and implementing the organization’s communications strategies including crafting external communications, developing and maintaining relationships with external marketing partners, overseeing SCA’s social media presence, and facilitating relationships with community partners. The position also works closely with board members and board-driven Marketing and Resource Development Committees.
- Manage strategic relationships for a portion of Snow City Arts’ existing and potential institutional funders.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to develop appropriate strategies, language, and priorities for proposal and report submissions.
- Identify and evaluate potential corporate, foundation, and government prospects for solicitation.
- Assist Executive Director in writing and submitting proposals and reports to institutional donors.
- Maintain and disseminate a calendar for proposal submissions and reports.
- Design an enhanced corporate giving strategy and support Board Members and close supporters in implementing the strategy.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and acknowledge current and prospective individual donors.
- Plan and execute an integrated annual appeal campaign.
- Work closely with Executive Director to facilitate board involvement in the fundraising process and track progress toward fundraising goals.
- Work with Chief Program officer and other staff to develop and provide solicitors with compelling messaging, anecdotal program information, relevant statistics, and the impact of Snow City Arts’ programs.
- Support and engage the Snow City Arts Auxiliary Board in partnership with the Executive Director and Project Coordinator.
- Produce a successful annual fundraising event (Gallery Night) while engaging a board-driven planning committee, a Host Committee, and a team of volunteers.
- Provide direction and support to individual board members for their annual donor cultivation and resource development events.
- Provide direction and support for donor-initiated fundraising events.
- Support the Executive Director and hospital partners on joint fundraising initiatives.
- Collaborate with Chief program officer to design and implement brand-conscious campaigns to increase awareness about the mission of Snow City Arts and to support project-based programming and fundraising events.
- Manage and execute basic graphic design and layout tasks for multiple events and initiatives
- Mange internal and external outreach and communication with various Snow City Arts audiences, including Snow City Arts’ growing social media presence, e-newsletter, and website maintenance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with arts, cultural, and educational institutions.
- Coordinate and support organizational leadership to enhance the coverage and awareness of Snow City Arts through the press, with policy makers, and among current and prospective donors.
- Provide staff leadership and support to the Snow City Arts Marketing Committee.
- Oversee donor database systems and record-keeping procedures to identify and track current and potential donors and their solicitors, and to oversee the Project Coordinator’s efforts to record, report, and acknowledge all gifts.
- Provide regular progress reports covering all aspects of organizational fundraising.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze data from program directors, teaching artists, and external arts education industry sources to assist with solicitation.
- Act as a staff liaison to the Development Committee, Marketing Committee, Gallery Night Planning and Host Committees, and support the Auxiliary Board.
- Support all office administrative activities as necessary
The ideal candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a cohesive team. Key skill sets include: ability to build multiple, individualized relationships across and outside of the organization; ability to approach meetings with clearly defined goals in mind; ability to work closely with people from various artistic and administrative backgrounds; excellent verbal and written communication skills; manage projects from conception through completion; demonstrated ability to prioritize and solve problems; ability to facilitate the leadership of others in group settings; design engaging donor cultivation strategies; effectively coordinate and facilitate meetings for multiple attendees; and ability to create and implement integrated communications plans.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of experience as a dedicated fundraising professional
- Proven grant writing experience
- Experience managing event logistics and planning
- Exceptional computer skills
- Familiar with and able to adapt to new fundraising software
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivation, accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Some evening and weekend availability for meetings and events
- Ability and willingness to lift 25 pounds is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and access to insured vehicle is preferred
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and two short (no more than three pages each) fundraising-related writing samples (letter of inquiry, annual appeal letter, sponsorship request, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, March 9, 2015.
Snow City Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
Snow City Arts regularly accepts applications for internships. Below is a description of our internship position.
Snow City Arts employs a diverse staff of Artists-in-Residence who teach workshops to children at four major medical centers. All of our Artist-in-Residence positions are paid, part-time.
At this time, Snow City Arts cannot accommodate teaching volunteers.
Snow City Arts currently has no Artist-in-Residence positions available.
Volunteers with skills in business, event planning, finance, marketing or other fields which can strengthen our organization’s ability to help children are always welcome to inquire by emailing email@example.com.